Who Is This Module For?
This module is designed for all food serving and front of house staff. Emphasising the strong need for communication between the food preparation area and front of house/serving staff.
It is recommended this module is completed within the first month of commencing employment and by all existing staff.
This will include an explanation of coeliac disease, differentiating between coeliac disease, gluten intolerance and non-coeliac gluten intolerance, educating on what foods are safe and not safe. Explaining basic handling procedures.
Duration: 30 Minutes
- Who the Coeliac Society of Ireland are and what we do?
- The definition of coeliac disease.
- Impact to coeliac on consuming gluten.
- How to avoid gluten inadvertently getting into food for coeliac customers.
- The importance of communication throughout all stages of service from description of menu items and food preparation through to customer service.
- The law on providing safe food for coeliac customers