Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 medium carrots peeled and sliced.
- 1 large onion peeled and sliced
- 1 Medium leek, sliced and washed
- 1 small parsnip
- 2 large potatoes peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- A good handful of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Lt vegetable stock (made with gluten free stock cube or powder)
- 200g of cooked chicken thigh meat
1. In a large enough saucepan heat the oil, add the sliced vegetables, starting with the hardest ones like the carrots first.
2. Turn the vegetables to coat with the oil and cook over a low heat until soft but not browned. Add the chicken and cook for 10 mins.
3. Add the stock and cook for a further 10 minutes, blend with a hand blender, add in the chopped parsley.
Share With Friends
All recipes are created by Frances Buckley MSc.
Licenced food safety trainer. MSc in Applied Culinary Nutrition.
Currently Technical Food Advisor at Coeliac Society of Ireland.