This tasty dinner comes from Food List Manager, Anne Manning, who wrote the Society’s cookery book: Gluten-Free All-Sorts. It is available from head office for only €10.
- 4 Large Chicken Breasts,
- 4 tablespoons of Virgin Olive Oil,
- 1 teaspoon Oregano*,
- Juice of 1 Lemon,
- Half Cucumber, grated coarsely,
- 125ml Natural Thick Yogurt *,
- 2 Garlic Cloves – chopped,
- 4 tablespoons of fresh mint,
- 4 Gluten-Free Baguettes*,
- Red Onion, Sliced,
- Shredded Lettuce Leaves,
- Chopped Tomato, Salt, and Black Pepper.
- Cube the chicken and push onto skewers and set in a shallow dish.
- Mix the oil, oregano and lemon juice in a bowl, season well and pour over chicken. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat the grill and cook kebabs for 8 minutes (until chicken is cooked through and golden in color).
- Sieve some liquid from the grated cucumber and place it in a bowl with yogurt, garlic, mint, and pinch of salt.
- Warm the gluten-free baguettes and cut in half.
- Pull the cooked chicken off the skewers and divide between the baguettes, add the sliced tomatoes, lettuce, and onion.
- Spoon over some yogurt mixture and serve immediately.
Share This Gluten Free Recipe With Friends & Family