- Download app from Google Play or App Store
- Log in using your email address and password associated with your membership on coeliac.ie
- If you cannot remember your password, please select ‘Forgot Password’
- Enter the email address associated with your account
- You will receive an email with instructions to reset your password (please check your spam/junk folder also)
- Reset your password
- Return to the Coeliac Society App and log in using your email and new password.
- If you cannot remember the email address used when signing up, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our app is available to all members of the Coeliac Society of Ireland. Our membership provides you with a host of benefits, including access to our app. To become a member, click here and select a membership plan.
In order to use the barcode feature, you will need a device that has a rear camera option. Please double check your device to make sure it has a rear camera option. At this time if your device only has a forward facing camera, the scanner will not be available.
If asked, you need to grant permission for Coeliac Society App to access the camera on your device. If you accidentally denied permission, please make sure to go back into your device settings (not the app settings) and then grant permission for Coeliac Society App to access your camera.
To use the barcode feature, select the ‘Products’ tab from your home screen and then select ‘Scan Product Barcode’.
Place the barcode within the view finder and hold steady until the camera scans the barcode.
Please note that some labels are scanned in portrait mode whilst others need to be scanned in landscape mode. You will need to turn your camera or the product barcode orientation to scan correctly.
The product search bar will help you find packaged foods that have gluten-free ingredients AND are free from manufacturing cross-contamination with gluten. It contains more than 7,000 gluten free food products.
However, not all products that contain gluten free ingredients are on the Food List. In these instances, the product’s bar code won’t be recognised when using the barcode scanner.
We welcome recommendations from our members – but we have to be sure that a product is certified gluten free before it can be included in the Food List.
If there is a gluten-free product you would like to see added to the Food List, complete the Barcode Data Form on this webpage. Our Food List team will follow up with the manufacturer and, where a product is confirmed to be gluten free, we will add it to the Food List.
If you are a food manufacturer and wish to provide proof that your product is gluten free, click here [insert link] to complete the food manufacturer’s declaration form, or contact the Coeliac Society of Ireland here.