Carrot, Pear and Pecan Muffins
- 150g of gluten free flour
- 50g of sorghum flour
- 75g of almond flour
- 2g of xanthan gum
- Pinch of salt
- 100g of light brown sugar
- 2 large free-range eggs (if your eggs are smaller use 4)
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 50g of chopped pecans
- 1 tsp of gluten free baking powder
- 100g of light olive oil
- 100ml of low-fat milk
- 1 large pear peeled and chopped
- 100g of grated carrot.
1. Preheat oven to 170°
2. Line a muffin tray with 12 muffin papers
3. Sieve together the flours with the baking powder and salt in a bowl.
4. In a large bowl beat the sugar and butter with an electric mixer on medium until creamy.
5. Add the eggs then slowly add the flour mix on a slow speed.
6. When this is all combined, add the milk and vanilla with a spatula.
7. Fold in the diced apple and walnuts and finally fold in the grated carrot
8. Fill each muffin paper 2/3 full and bake for 20/25 minutes.
9. Allow to cool in tray for 10 minutes then take out onto a wire rack.
Share With Friends
All recipes are created by Frances Buckley MSc.
Licenced food safety trainer. MSc in Applied Culinary Nutrition.
Currently Technical Food Advisor at Coeliac Society of Ireland.