Cauliflower Falafel Patties, Minty Yoghurt Dip
- 400g of cauliflower rice(raw cauliflower ground in food processor 200g of mixed seeds(sunflower and pumpkin)
- 80g of chopped coriander and parsley 2 tablespoons of chopped chives
- 3 cloves of garlic(minced)
- 1 heaped tablespoon of Nutritional yeast flakes
- ½ teaspoon of cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon of ground coriander 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of sorghum flour or gluten free plain flour Pinch of Salt
- Cracked black pepper to taste
Ingredients for dip/dressing
- 100g of Greek style natural yoghurt
- Handful of fresh mint leaves chopped
- Pinch of cumin powder
For the Falafels:
- Roughly blend the seeds together in food processor, add spices .
- Add the fresh
- In a mixing bowl combine this with the other ingredients, finally add the sorghum or plain If a little moist to handle add another small amount of the flour.
- Form into 1.5in balls and flatten down and bake on a baking sheet at 180°c for 20
To make the dressing :
- Chop the mint leaves with the pinch of cumin and stir it into the
- These falafels are delicious served with the Turkish style salad listed
- These falafels can be made into larger patties and served in gluten free burger buns .
Share With Friends
All recipes are created by Frances Buckley MSc.
Licenced food safety trainer. MSc in Applied Culinary Nutrition.
Currently Technical Food Advisor at Coeliac Society of Ireland.