Celery soup with Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons Dunnes pure olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 700g celery, chopped with the tough strings removed
- 1 leek
- 500g rooster potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 litre of homemade chicken or vegetable or made from a gluten- free stock cube or powder.
- 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast (optional)
- 60g of Dunnes shaved parmesan cheese
- 200ml Dunnes milk
- Crusty gluten free baguette for serving
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, put in the onion, celery, leek, and potatoes and cook without browning, on medium heat for 7 minutes.
2. Add 100ml of the stock and cook gently for 10 minutes, stirring regularly add more stock if the vegetables begin to stick
3. Pour in the remainder of the stock, bring to the boil, and simmer for 10 minutes more until all veg is soft. Add the milk and parmesan. Blend with a hand blender. Cool completely.
Share With Friends
All recipes are created by Frances Buckley MSc.
Licenced food safety trainer. MSc in Applied Culinary Nutrition.
Currently Technical Food Advisor at Coeliac Society of Ireland.