Chocolatey Banana Smoothie
A smoothie is an easy way to pack loads of nutrients into your day and is delicious too! They are so versatile and the chia seeds and dates add fibre to your day. Coco powder gives a lovely chocolate kick however, the raw cacao powder gives the same chocolaty taste and a great fibre boost. The smoothie is naturally sweetened with dates and the banana.
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon of gluten free cocoa powder (or pure raw cacao powder)
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 2 dates with stone removed
- 1 tsp of gluten free peanut or almond butter
- 1 cup of low-fat milk or non- dairy alternative
1. Puree everything together in a blender.
Share With Friends
All recipes are created by Frances Buckley MSc.
Licenced food safety trainer. MSc in Applied Culinary Nutrition.
Currently Technical Food Advisor at Coeliac Society of Ireland.