Chorizo, Cheese Rings
- 1 sheet of ready rolled gluten free puff pastry(defrosted)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 50g of diced chorizo
- 80g of grated cheddar or gruyere
- 100g of chive or herb cream cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 190◦c
2. Mix the diced chorizo, cream cheese, paprika and cheddar with 1 egg. Spread the mixture evenly on the sheet of defrosted puff pastry.
3. With the longer edge of the puff pastry facing you, roll the pastry towards the opposite edge.
4. Beat the remaining egg and brush the top and sides of the pastry with the egg. Join the two ends by pressing firmly together to form a ring.
5. Place on a sheet of baking parchment on a baking sheet and put in freezer for 10 minutes. Remove from freezer
6. Lay on a sheet of baking parchment and bake for 25/30 minutes until flaky and golden.
7. Leave to cool for 10 minutes as filling will be very hot. Slice and enjoy.
Share With Friends
All recipes are created by Frances Buckley MSc.
Licenced food safety trainer. MSc in Applied Culinary Nutrition.
Currently Technical Food Advisor at Coeliac Society of Ireland.