Gluten free chewy chocolate biscuit cake
- 270g Butter
- 150ml golden Syrup
- 225g gluten free dark chocolate (50/60% cocoa solids)
- 200g of gluten free digestive biscuits, broken into chunks.
- 200g gluten free of Rich Tea biscuits, broken into chunks.
- 125g dried apricots chopped into small pieces.
- 125g gluten free white chocolate buttons.
Line a 23cm round cake tin or a 20cmx 30cm roasting tray with a layer of baking parchment. Go up the sides so it is easy to lift out.
- Melt the butter, syrup, and dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of water. Ensure the water does not tip the bottom of the bowl. Ensure all the ingredients are well mixed together.
- Add the biscuits, diced apricots. Stir well. Allow to cool for 15 mins, Add the white buttons.
- Transfer to prepared tin. Level it on top and press down well so you don’t get air pockets Allow to completely cool, then cover it thoroughly and keep in the fridge.TIP : before slicing it leave out of the fridge for 1 hour before cutting.
Share With Friends
All recipes are created by Frances Buckley MSc.
Licenced food safety trainer. MSc in Applied Culinary Nutrition.
Currently Technical Food Advisor at Coeliac Society of Ireland.