Gluten Free High Fibre Wholegrain Bread Topped with Seeded Guacamole and Poached Egg
This recipe is a great source of fibre if you choose wholegrain/high fibre bread. The avocado and flaxseeds are also great fibre boosters! Avocado and flaxseeds are great sources of healthy fats which are really important for general health as well as joint, brain and heart health.
- 4 slices of gluten free high fibre wholegrain bread
- 2 large ripe avocados
- Juice of half a lemon
- ¼ tsp of paprika
- 1 clove of garlic (minced) or use ¼ tsp garlic granules
- 2 tablespoons of flax seeds
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- ½ tsp of cider or white wine vinegar
- To make the guacamole, cut the avocados in halves and remove the stone. Scoop out the flesh into a bowl and mash with a fork. Add the garlic, paprika and lemon juice. Then stir in the flax seeds (this can be prepped the night before and covered tightly, store in the fridge for next morning).
- To poach the eggs: In a saucepan half-filled with boiling water add the vinegar to the boiling water. With a long-handled metal spoon swirl the water in a clockwise direction and crack the eggs one by one into the swirling water.
- Allow to cook for 2 minutes for a soft egg, or 4 minutes if you prefer harder (Tip, open the eggshell as near to the top of the water as possible if you drop from a height the water can splash up.)
- To assemble: Toast the bread, onto this spoon the guacamole and on top of that place the poached egg.
Share With Friends
All recipes developed by the Coeliac Society are nutritionally checked by our in-house team of dietitians and chefs. Please note all nutritional information is per 1 serving. Please refer to recipe overview for number of servings in recipes.