High Protein Pancakes
The pancakes are light in texture yet filling, a good food for breakfast lunch or to eat when in need of extra protein. The oats provide slow-release energy. When fried in the coconut oil they are golden in colour. This makes 4 pancakes. (2 per portion)
- Gluten free porridge oats x75g
- Gluten free baking powder 1 teaspoon
- Sorghum flour x 20g
- Bananas (ripe)x 1
- Cottage cheese x300g
- Egg x1
- Organic Vanilla bean extract x 5ml
- Blueberries 25g
- Coconut oil (for frying) 15ml
- To prepare the mixture blend all the ingredients in a food processer or with a hand blender.
- Divide in four and pan-fry on both sides until golden in colour.
- Transfer to a baking tray and bake at 160c for 7 mins.
Share With Friends
All recipes are created by Frances Buckley MSc.
Licenced food safety trainer. MSc in Applied Culinary Nutrition.
Currently Technical Food Advisor at Coeliac Society of Ireland.