Homemade cranberry, port & orange sauce
Mid December prepare ahead
- 500g of fresh or frozen cranberries
- 200ml of Dunnes fresh orange juice
- Zest of one large orange
- 200g of light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of vintage port
1. Put 200g light muscovado sugar and 200ml orange juice into a stainless-steel saucepan, then bring to the boil. Add the port.
2. Stir in 500g fresh or frozen cranberries, simmer until soft but not mushy (5/8 mins.
3. The sauce will be thicker when cold.
4. Will keep in the fridge for 2 weeks.
Share With Friends
All recipes are created by Frances Buckley MSc.
Licenced food safety trainer. MSc in Applied Culinary Nutrition.
Currently Technical Food Advisor at Coeliac Society of Ireland.