Nutty Escalope of Pork with Salsa and Baked Potato
- 500g of pork fillet (or loin of pork with fat trimmed off)
- 1 tbsp. of rapeseed oil
- 2 eggs
For the nutty coating;
- 3 tbsp. of gluten free flour
- 1 tbsp. of nutritional yeast (I use Marigold)
- 1 tbsp. of pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp. of pine nuts
- 1 tbsp. of sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp. of ground almonds
- ½ tsp of cracked black pepper
For the salsa
- 4 large beef tomatoes
- 1 large orange
- 2 red onions
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red chilli
- 1 lime
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. of chopped fresh coriander
- For the baked potatoes:
- 1 tbsp. of chopped fresh chives
- 4 medium, washed rooster potatoes
- 2 tbsp. of 0% fat natural Greek yogurt
- Cut the trimmed pork into 4 even pieces and flatten with a rolling pin or meat mallet between two pieces baking parchment until the pork is approximately 5/7mm thick (or ask your butcher to do this for you).
- In the food processer grind the seeds and pine nuts until the same consistency as the ground almonds. Mix this with the almonds, nutritional yeast and pepper on a plate or wide pasta bowl.
- In a bowl crack the eggs and break them up with a fork, on a separate plate put the flour.
- Coat each pork escalope in flour, then dip into the egg and finish in the seed and nut mix (Tip: do one escalope at a time and then lay them on a large plate do not put-on top of each other.) Refrigerate until you are ready to cook.
- Preheat the oven to 180°c cut a cross in the top of the washed rooster potatoes and bake on the wire rack of the oven for 1 hour (as the pork takes less time to cook than the potatoes, I sometimes start the potatoes in the microwave on a microwavable dish on full heat for 6 minutes and finish in the oven for 20/25 minutes)
Method For the salsa
6.Dice and roughly chop the tomatoes, peppers, red onion and chilli (this can be done in a food processor, but do not make it too fine).
Peel the orange and break into segments, roughly chop, and combine with the tomato mix. Now grate the lime zest in and squeeze the lime juice on, add the salt and coriander
Share With Friends
All recipes developed by the Coeliac Society are nutritionally checked by our in-house team of dietitians and chefs. Please note all nutritional information is per 1 serving. Please refer to recipe overview for number of servings in recipes.