Overnight oats with apple and Blackberry compote (or use pears or plums)
- 240ml low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons natural Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of honey or agave syrup
- 2 teaspoons of chia seeds
- 80g gluten-free oats
For the compote
- 1 Large cooking apple
- 50g of fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Pinch of cinnamon
1. Using two bowls or glass jars, combine the milk, yogurt chia seeds and honey. Mix in the in the oats until the liquid is absorbed. Cover and put into the fridge overnight.
2. For the compote, peel and roughly chop the apple, and mix it with the honey and cinnamon in a microwavable container. Cook on full heat for 3 minutes, if using frozen berries add also but if using fresh stir, them in at the end to the hot apple.
3. Allow to cool and put in the fridge, in the morning this can be served hot or cold over the oats.
Share With Friends
All recipes are created by Frances Buckley MSc.
Licenced food safety trainer. MSc in Applied Culinary Nutrition.
Currently Technical Food Advisor at Coeliac Society of Ireland.