Passion fruit and prosecco jellies with panna cotta recipe
For the panna cotta
- 200ml (1/3pt) full fat milk
- 300ml double cream
- 100g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 3 gelatine leaves
For the jelly
- 10 passion fruit, halved and the flesh scooped out
- 250ml (8fl oz) prosecco
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 3 leaves of gelatine
1. To make the panna cotta, heat the milk, cream, sugar and vanilla in a medium pan. Heat until nearly boiled, but do not boil. Soak the gelatine in cold water for about 2 minutes. When soft, add them to the hot cream. Stir until completely dissolved. Pour the mixture in 6 short glasses. Cool for 5 minutes, then place in the refrigerator until set (about 2 hours).
2. To make the jelly, press the passion fruit flesh, through a sieve into a bowl. Save a few teaspoons of the seeds to add to the juice. Pour in the prosecco and sugar and mix together. Soak the gelatine in cold water for about 2 minutes. When soft, place them in a small bowl with 2 tbsp water and microwave until melted (about 20 seconds). Stir this into the prosecco mixture. Pour over the set panna cottas and chill for another 2 hours or until set.
3. Serve the jellies cold, in the glasses.
Share With Friends
All recipes developed by the Coeliac Society are nutritionally checked by our in-house team of dietitians and chefs. Please note all nutritional information is per 1 serving. Please refer to recipe overview for number of servings in recipes.