- 1 x 400 and drained well
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon spice or spice blend of choice.
*Try dried spices like chilli powder, cumin, curry powder, cayenne, smoked paprika cinnamon, or fresh herbs such as thyme, rosemary, oregano.
- Preheat oven to 190°
- Lay the chickpeas on a clean tea towel or napkin, and pat dry to absorb the water. To make the chickpeas drier, roll the towel over the beans.
- Once fully dry, line a baking sheet and place the chickpeas in the oven to roast for 15 minutes (make sure you only have one layer of the chickpeas on the tray)
- Remove chickpeas from the oven and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle over the spices, making sure they are evenly coated. Place them back into the oven and roast for another 10 minutes. Keep an eye on them as ovens vary.
- When done, turn off the oven and keep its door slightly open while they cool down. The chickpeas will be crunchiest when can be stored for a few days at room temperature in an airtight container.
Share With Friends
All recipes developed by the Coeliac Society are nutritionally checked by our in-house team of dietitians and chefs. Please note all nutritional information is per 1 serving. Please refer to recipe overview for number of servings in recipes.