Sausage and Cranberry Loaf Stuffing
- 4 large rooster potatoes, peeled, boiled, strained and mashed with 2 tbsp of butter
- 1 lb /500g gluten free sausage meat pork
- 1 large onion, peeled a finely diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 clove garlic, chopped to a paste
- 2 tablespoons of dried cranberries
- Pinch of salt, fresh ground pepper
- Cook the peeled potatoes in water until cooked, season with salt and pepper and mash with butter.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Cook the onions in the olive oil until soft, add the thyme, garlic, cranberries, and seasoning. Allow to cool completely.
- In a large bowl mix the cold mashed potatoes, onion, herbs, and cranberries with the sausage meat.
- Brush a loaf tin with oil and fill it up with the mix, press down firmly.
- You can either freeze it like this or cook now, cool and freeze it already cooked.
- For cooking: cover with a layer of parchment paper followed by a sheet of foil wrapped tightly around edges of tin.
- In a roasting tray fill about an inch of water, stand the loaf tin in the water and cook for 1hr in a preheated oven at 180◦c.
Share With Friends
All recipes are created by Frances Buckley MSc.
Licenced food safety trainer. MSc in Applied Culinary Nutrition.
Currently Technical Food Advisor at Coeliac Society of Ireland.