Squishy wisshy woo
These are a quick, easy sweet and salty treat. They can be rolled in balls like in the recipe or the mix can be set in a lined non- stick baking tray and cut into squares when set or made on sticks like the picture.
- 2oz/60g (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 2oz/60g of gluten free white chocolate buttons
- 4 cups gluten free marshmallows
- 8 cups gluten free salted popcorn
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place the butter in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 to 45 seconds until melted.
- Add the marshmallows and heat for another 90 seconds to soften them, stir in the white chocolate buttons. The marshmallows might not look melted, but once you stir them, they will be more liquid.
- Now add the vanilla and stir again until well-mixed.
- Place the popcorn in a large heatproof bowl and pour the marshmallow mixture over the popcorn.
- Stir until they are thoroughly combined. Allow the mixture to sit for a minute, until the hot marshmallows are cooled.
- Put a small amount of vegetable oil onto your hands ,just enough so the balls of mixture won’t stick to your hands. Roll a small handful of the mix into a ball, press it firmly between your hands. Make sure that the balls are compact otherwise they will fall apart.
- Place each one on a sheet of baking parchment on a flat tray or baking sheet. Allow to cool completely at room temperature, the cover loosely with cling film
Share With Friends
All recipes are created by Frances Buckley MSc.
Licenced food safety trainer. MSc in Applied Culinary Nutrition.
Currently Technical Food Advisor at Coeliac Society of Ireland.