Tuna, Mixed Bean and Lettuce Taco
Tuna provides protein, DHA (omega 3) vitamin D. Boost levels of dietary fibre, magnesium, and vitamin B6 with the mixed beans.
- 2x180g tins of tuna in spring water(drained)
- 2 tablespoons of gluten free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of low-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 tin of mixed beans (drained well)
- 1 tsp. gluten free sweet chilli sauce
- 2 spring onions
- 1 Ramiro red pepper
- ¼ tsp. of cracked black pepper
- 1 large head of iceberg lettuce
- Dice the Ramiro pepper and chop the spring onions.
- In a bowl, mix the drained beans with the drained tuna and all the other ingredients except the lettuce.
- Cut the iceberg in half through the stalk and remove the larger leaves. Wash these in cold water and dry in a salad spinner or colander (dry well) and then use the leaves to wrap the tuna mix into.
Share With Friends
All recipes are created by Frances Buckley MSc.
Licenced food safety trainer. MSc in Applied Culinary Nutrition.
Currently Technical Food Advisor at Coeliac Society of Ireland.