White Bean & Chicken Chilli
Day 4 – Four Calling Birds
- 480g of diced chicken breast (or diced turkey breast)
- 2 tablespoons of rapeseed oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots peeled and diced
- 2 leeks washed and sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 red chilli chopped
- 2 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2dried oregano
- 1tsp gluten free chilli powder
- 2 tins (400g x2 drained weight) haricot beans (or flageolet, cannellini)
- 1 tin(425g) of chopped tomatoes
- 340g frozen corn, defrosted (or use tinned)
- 200g of frozen broad beans (defrosted)
- 500ml of chicken stock (from gluten free stock cubes)
- Cracked black pepper
- 60g chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (Italian parsley)
- 100g of parmesan shavings to serve(optional)
1. In a large heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat the oil. Add the onion and carrots, cook
until carrot starts to soften, about 8 minutes.
2. Add the garlic, chopped chilli and leeks, stir to coat in oil.
3. Add the chicken, fennel seeds, smoked paprika, oregano and chilli powder. Cook
while stirring until the chicken brown, about 10 minutes.
4. Add the tin of chopped tomatoes, beans, broad beans, corn, and chicken stock. Bring
to the boil then simmer for 30 minutes to reduce the liquid. Serve sprinkled with flat
Share With Friends
All recipes are created by Frances Buckley MSc.
Licenced food safety trainer. MSc in Applied Culinary Nutrition.
Currently Technical Food Advisor at Coeliac Society of Ireland.