Apple and raspberry tray bake
- 175g unsalted butter, softened
- 175g soft brown sugar
- 3 large eggs (free range) lightly beaten with a fork
- 250g gluten-free self-raising flour
- 10 g gluten-free baking powder
- 75 ml of full fat milk
- 80g of raspberry
- 100g of diced apple.
- Preheat your oven to 180˚ c or 160°c for a fan oven.
- Grease and line a metal baking tray/loaf tin with baking parchment .Making sure it comes up the sides ,this will make it easier to lift out when cooled.
- In a small bowl, mix together the milk and raspberry jam. Set aside. In another bowl, sieve together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- To combine the ingredients, mix together the softened butter and the soft brown sugar in a large bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Add the beaten eggs to the butter and sugar mixture a little at a time. Mix after each addition. Add the milk and jam mixture and mix well.
- Add the flour and baking powder mixture, folding it in with a large spoon, this helps to trap air in the cake. Lastly, fold in the diced apple
- Using a large spoon, transfer the mixture to the lined tin . Smooth out the top with a spoon
- Place the cake in the centre of the preheated oven and bake for about 30/ 35 mins. Stick a skewer in the centre to check it is cooked, it should come out clean if not bake for 10 more mins
- Once cooked, remove your traybake from the oven and leave the cake to cool in the tin for about 15 minutes. Lift it out and put on a wire rack upside down and gently peel off the baking parchment. Allow to cool completely and when cold cut on a chopping board into 20/24 squares.
Share With Friends
All recipes developed by the Coeliac Society are nutritionally checked by our in-house team of dietitians and chefs. Please note all nutritional information is per 1 serving. Please refer to recipe overview for number of servings in recipes.