Brains on toast
These mini sliders are served on toasted gluten free baguette, the sliders can be made in advance and frozen raw to cook for Halloween. You will need aluminium foil and a non- stick baking tray.
- 1 gluten free baguette cut into slices
- 500g of minced turkey
- 60g of gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped finely
- 1 small onion diced finely
- 2 tablespoons of gluten free tomato ketchup
- ¼ tsp salt
- Generous pinch of black pepper
- In a large bowl mix the mince with the breadcrumbs, egg, garlic ,onion, 1 spoon of ketchup and seasoning .
- Divide the mixture into 12 even balls or use an ice cream scoop to make the balls.
- Roll each ball loosely and place on a non-stick baking tray.
- Take the aluminium foil and cut 12 squares of foil. Roll each square diagonally to form a pencil shape. Brush with a little oil
- Brush each ball of mince with tomato ketchup
- Place a pencil shaped piece of foil across the top of each ball and push it down.
- On either side of the foil , make diagonal slashes
- Cook the brains in a preheated oven for 15 /20 mins.
- Meanwhile cut the baguette into diagonal slices and toast on both sides on a clean sheet of foil under the grill. When toasted top with a blob of gluten free ketchup
- To serve remove the foil from the brains, place each brain on to base .
Share With Friends
All recipes are created by Frances Buckley MSc.
Licenced food safety trainer. MSc in Applied Culinary Nutrition.
Currently Technical Food Advisor at Coeliac Society of Ireland.