Buttermilk Pancakes by chef Finn Ní Fhaolain
- 1 cup GF self-rising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk – don’t forget to shake it up!
- 1 medium free-range egg
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon – optional
- 1 ripe banana or 1/2 cup blueberries (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl or pouring jug and blend. If you’re not using the banana, you can also just do this with a whisk or fork
- Put a pan on a medium-high heat and once hot, melt the butter. Add the butter to the pancake and mix and stir. Ensure enough butter remains to evenly coat the pan.
- I find my pan usually fits about 3 little pancakes – they’ll be the puffy, stackable American-style ones!
- They should take about 30 seconds or so either side until golden brown and you can keep a plate warm in the oven for pancakes while you use up all the batter.
- These pancakes last well and sometimes you can just pop them in the toaster the next day too!
Share With Friends
All recipes are created by Frances Buckley MSc.
Licenced food safety trainer. MSc in Applied Culinary Nutrition.
Currently Technical Food Advisor at Coeliac Society of Ireland.