Chicken in Pastry with Spinach and Blue Cheese Sauce
• 1 ready roll of gluten free puff pastry
• 600g of chicken fillets
• 100g of baby spinach leaves
• 100g of creamed cheese
• 50g of blue cheese or cheese of choice
• 1 egg
• Salt and pepper
1. Wash the baby spinach, season with salt and pepper and put in a microwavable bowl cover it and cook for 1 minute. Drain and allow to cool. When cold squeeze out any remaining water.
2. Lay out the puff pastry sheet on a non- stick baking tray.
3. In a cup break up the egg with a fork and with a pastry brush go around the edges of the pastry.
4. Lay out the cold spinach to the front and along the longer side of the pastry, top this with half of the cream cheese and blue cheese.
5. Lay the chicken fillets evenly across the spinach
6. Spread the remaining cheese on top
7. Fold the pastry over the chicken and spinach filling and seal the edges. Brush the top of the pastry with egg
8. This can be made in advance and kept in the fridge or can be cooked straight away
9. To cook: preheat oven to 180°c
10. Cook for 40 mins.
Share With Friends
All recipes are created by Frances Buckley MSc.
Licenced food safety trainer. MSc in Applied Culinary Nutrition.
Currently Technical Food Advisor at Coeliac Society of Ireland.