Chicken with French Tarragon
Day 3 – Three French Hens
- 8 large chicken thighs with skin on
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil for frying
- 1 large onion (peeled and diced)
- 2 cloves of garlic(chopped)
- 200ml of cream
- 4 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- Bunch of fresh tarragon chopped
1. In an oven proof saucepan fry the chicken thighs until golden brown on both sides. Take out onto a plate.
2. Preheat the oven to 180◦c.
3. In the pan juices cook the onion and garlic until soft, add the vinegar and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add the cream and allow to heat until it begins to bubble, lower the heat, add the chicken pieces back in. cover and put into the oven for 40 minutes.
5. Then stir in the fresh tarragon and serve with rice.
Share With Friends
All recipes are created by Frances Buckley MSc.
Licenced food safety trainer. MSc in Applied Culinary Nutrition.
Currently Technical Food Advisor at Coeliac Society of Ireland.