Chocolate & Berry Log
- 6oz/150g of dark chocolate
- 6 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 6oz/150g of caster sugar
- 200ml of whipping cream
- 2 punnets of raspberries/ Strawberries
- Line a large baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of water. Ensure the water does not tip the bottom of the bowl.
- Separate the eggs into two clean bowls.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff with an electric mixer.
- With a hand whisk beat the egg yolks with the sugar.
- Remove the chocolate from the heat and allow to stand for 5 mins, whisk it into the egg yolks and sugar.
- Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mix using a large metal spoon.
- Spread out onto the lined tray and bake at 150◦c for 20 minutes.
- When cooked remove from oven and leave for 10 minutes, cover with a clean tea towel. When cold turn onto a sugared sheet of parchment paper.
- Whip the cream when the roulade is cold spread the cream onto the roulade.
- Sprinkle on the raspberries and more cream, roll towards yourself. Finish with more cream or leave just sprinkled with chocolate.
Share With Friends
All recipes are created by Frances Buckley MSc.
Licenced food safety trainer. MSc in Applied Culinary Nutrition.
Currently Technical Food Advisor at Coeliac Society of Ireland.