Chocolate Biscuit Christmas Pudding
- 270g butter
- 150ml golden syrup
- 1 tablespoon of marmalade (optional)
- 225g gluten free dark chocolate (60/70% cocoa) – You can use half dark and milk chocolate
- 200g of gluten free digestive biscuits, broken into chunks
- 200g gluten free of rich tea biscuits, broken into chunks
- 125g dried apricots chopped into small pieces
- Brush a plastic or pyrex pudding bowl with clingfilm, and go over the sides so it iseasy to lift out.
- Melt the butter, syrup, and dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan ofwater. Ensure the water does not tip the bottom of the bowl. Ensure all theingredients are well mixed together.
- Add the biscuits, marmalade, diced apricots. Stir well. Allow to cool for 15 mins.
- Transfer to prepared bowl. Level it on top and press down well so you don’t get airpockets Allow to completely cool, then cover it thoroughly and keep in the fridge.
Share With Friends
All recipes are created by Frances Buckley MSc.
Licenced food safety trainer. MSc in Applied Culinary Nutrition.
Currently Technical Food Advisor at Coeliac Society of Ireland.