Chocolate Brownies Served with Greek Style Natural Yogurt and Raspberries
Who doesn’t love a chocolate brownie as an occasional treat? And with Valentine’s day around the corner, this recipe is perfect to have to hand. Keeping with this week’s theme, these brownies are made with beans and served with raspberries which boosts fibre content… a delicious treat with a hidden health boost. What’s not to love!
- 400g/ 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 large free– range eggs
- 80ml of light olive oil
- 60g of gluten free dark chocolate sweetened
- 60g of gluten free cocoa
- 50g of ground almonds(toasted)
- 40ml of maple syrup
- 4 tbsp. of coconut blossom sugar
- 1 tsp of instant coffee
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- To serve:
- 200g of low-fat Greek yogurt
- 600g of fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 160°c Fan /Gas 4. Line a 20cm/8in square baking tin with baking paper.
- Using a food processor blend the drained beans with the oil, add the eggs, transfer into a bowl.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces.
- Whisk the cocoa, almonds, maple syrup, coffee, blossom sugar and vanilla into the mixture. Add half of the broken chocolate
- Pour mixture into lined tin, sprinkle on the remaining chocolate.
- Bake on middle shelf for 18/20 minutes. they should be just firm to touch. Take out of oven allow to cool for 5 minutes before lifting out, then cut into 12 squares
- Serve warm or cold with yogurt and berries
Share With Friends
All recipes are created by Frances Buckley MSc.
Licenced food safety trainer. MSc in Applied Culinary Nutrition.
Currently Technical Food Advisor at Coeliac Society of Ireland.