Christmas Ice-cream Bombe
Day 8 – Eight Maids a Milking. This dessert is perfect to have in the freezer for unexpected occasions. You will need a large plastic pudding bowl or a Pyrex terrine dish.
- 1 pack of gluten free lady’s fingers (boudoir biscuits)
- 1 lt tub of vanilla ice cream
- 1 jar of mincemeat (or use chopped up Christmas pudding)
- 1 measure of Baileys liqueur
- Gluten free cocoa
1. Dip the biscuits into the baileys and arrange around the inside of the pudding bowl.
2. Allow the ice cream to soften, scoop it into a large bowl and mix in the mincemeat or pudding.
3. Using a large spoon fill the entre of the lined pudding bowl, press down firmly with a spoon and sprinkle with cocoa. Cover with cling film an put into the freezer until you need it.
Share With Friends
All recipes are created by Frances Buckley MSc.
Licenced food safety trainer. MSc in Applied Culinary Nutrition.
Currently Technical Food Advisor at Coeliac Society of Ireland.