Fluffy Chocolate Cupcakes
• 250g/8oz of softened butter
• 250g/8oz Caster Sugar
• 250/8oz Gluten-Free Self -Raising Flour
• ½ teaspoon of gluten free baking powder
• 4 medium Eggs
• 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
• 3 tablespoons Cocoa Powder (available at CSI shop)
• 2 tablespoons of gluten free chocolate nibs (available at CSI shop)
For the topping
• 200g/6oz Icing sugar
• 200g/6oz softened Butter
1. Preheat the oven to 190°c/ 375°F In a 12portion cupcake tray put 12 cupcake liners
2. Place the softened butter and sugar into a mixing bowl, or the bowl of an electric mixer, Whisk until pale and light
3. Add the eggs one at a time, Add a dessert spoon of flour after each egg. When well mixed, add the vanilla and the cocoa powder, mix well.
4. Spoon evenly into the cupcake cases, Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Remove from tin and place on a wire cooling rack.
To make the icing:
1. Put the butter and the icing sugar into a bowl, mix together until soft and light. This is best done with a wooden spoon
2. Put the icing into a piping bag with a star nozzle.
Share With Friends
All recipes developed by the Coeliac Society are nutritionally checked by our in-house team of dietitians and chefs. Please note all nutritional information is per 1 serving. Please refer to recipe overview for number of servings in recipes.