Gluten Free Bread Sauce
- 650ml full fat milk
- 50g butter
- 1 large, onion peeled and studded with whole cloves
- Pinch of cracked black pepper and salt
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 150g of gluten free white bread
- In a large saucepan, warm the milk and butter with the studded onion, herbs and salt and pepper. Simmer but do not boil.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes and then strain into a bowl, break the bread into chunks and add to the milk, stir in with a fork.
- Allow to cool completely and pour into a tubberware container. Freeze. When defrosted, stir together and heat gently.
Share With Friends
All recipes are created by Frances Buckley MSc.
Licenced food safety trainer. MSc in Applied Culinary Nutrition.
Currently Technical Food Advisor at Coeliac Society of Ireland.