Gluten free Chestnut and sausage rounds
- 100g of dried cranberries
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 50g of Dunnes butter
- 2 chopped rashers of bacon
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 450g gluten free sausages (with the skin removed)
- 150g of gluten free breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 150g of tinned cooked chestnuts, drained and roughly chopped.
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- Fry the onion and bacon gently in the butter, until the bacon is cooked. Add the garlic and cranberries and fry for another minute.
- Cool slightly, then mix with all the remaining ingredients, add the egg to bind the mix. Fry a small piece of the stuffing in butter and taste it to check for seasoning. If needed add more seasoning.
- Roll the mixture into walnut sized rounds. Put them on a tray lined with greaseproof paper. They can be frozen raw to cook at Christmas. Make sure to defrost thoroughly before cooking.
- To Cook: Roast the stuffing balls on a baking sheet brushed with olive oil for 30 mins until nice and brown on the outside.
Share With Friends
All recipes are created by Frances Buckley MSc.
Licenced food safety trainer. MSc in Applied Culinary Nutrition.
Currently Technical Food Advisor at Coeliac Society of Ireland.