Gluten Free Gingerbread Men
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g butter, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 200g gluten-free plain flour
- 50g cornflour
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger
1. Line your baking tray with baking parchment. With an electric mixer beat the butter and sugar. Break the eggs into a small bowl, the add to the butter and sugar a little at a time, whisking well after adding each bit of egg. Turn the mixer off.
2. Put in the flour, ginger, cornflour, xanthan gum while the mixer is off, beat the mixture now on a slow speed. When the dough has come together, cover, and put into fridge for 1 hr.
3. Put the chilled dough between two sheets of baking parchment or cling film and roll out to 1cm thick. Use a gingerbread man cutter to cut as many as you can, re-roll the offcuts and repeat until all the dough is used. Place on the lined baking tray and chill for 30 mins.
4. Heat the oven to 180◦c then bake for 8-10 mins until golden. Leave to cool on the tray for 5 mins, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Share With Friends
All recipes are created by Frances Buckley MSc.
Licenced food safety trainer. MSc in Applied Culinary Nutrition.
Currently Technical Food Advisor at Coeliac Society of Ireland.