High Fibre Wholegrain Toast with Homemade Hazelnut, Chocolate and Banana Topping
- 4 slices of high fibre wholegrain gluten free bread
- 100g of toasted hazelnuts
- 40g of dark gluten free chocolate melted
- 2 large bananas
- 1 tbsp. of agave syrup
- To toast the hazelnuts put them on a flat oven tray and toast for 8 minutes at 170°c in a preheated oven allow to cool (or buy already toasted hazelnuts).
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl on top of a pot of hot water, add the syrup to the chocolate
- Break up the hazelnuts in a food processor or break them up in a freezer bag with a rolling pin then add them to the chocolate.
- Spread this on the hot toasted bread and slice half a banana on top
Share With Friends
All recipes are created by Frances Buckley MSc.
Licenced food safety trainer. MSc in Applied Culinary Nutrition.
Currently Technical Food Advisor at Coeliac Society of Ireland.