Homemade Mint Sauce
- Large handful mint leaves, off the stems, finely chopped.
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon of redcurrant jelly
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper to taste.
- Place mint leaves in a small bowl.
- Stir in water, redcurrant jelly, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper until sugar is dissolved.
- Cover and allow to infuse for 20 minutes.
- This sauce can be cooled completely and stored in a jar or airtight container for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.
Share With Friends
All recipes are created by Frances Buckley MSc.
Licenced food safety trainer. MSc in Applied Culinary Nutrition.
Currently Technical Food Advisor at Coeliac Society of Ireland.