Mushroom and Bacon Toast
Mushrooms are delicious and versatile and are a great way to get some vegetables into your morning meal. Choosing wholegrain/wholemeal versions of bread instead of white varieties boosts the fibre content of the meal which will keep you fuller for longer. A little bacon goes well with the mushroom flavours and the recipe is delicious served with wilted baby spinach.
- 4 slice of gluten free wholemeal or wholegrain bread
- 110g of sliced mushrooms
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed or very finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- 8 slices of cooked, lean, bacon
- 4 teaspoons fresh parsley (or a pinch of dried herbs)
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and the oil.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and garlic and cook over a medium-to-high heat until all the liquid has cooked off.
- Add some salt and pepper to taste and serve on top of your toast. Sprinkle with the herbs and enjoy with the bacon slices.
Share With Friends
All recipes are created by Frances Buckley MSc.
Licenced food safety trainer. MSc in Applied Culinary Nutrition.
Currently Technical Food Advisor at Coeliac Society of Ireland.