- 3 tbsp. of rapeseed oil
- 800g of large flat mushrooms (Portobello mushrooms)
- 1 tbsp. of nutritional yeast (optional, I use marigold)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 sticks of celery washed and chopped
- 1 leek washed and chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic roughly chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme or tarragon (if using dried herbs add ¼ tsp, add it when cooking the onions)
- 4 tbsp. of gluten free plain flour
- 1 litre of vegetable or chicken stock (fresh or made from gluten free stock cubes)
- 200ml of milk
- Wash and chop the mushrooms.
- In a large saucepan heat the rapeseed oil, add the diced onion, leeks and celery cook for 7 minutes until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook for a further 8 minutes, stir continuously
- Add the nutritional yeast and stock, bring to the boil, add the milk and simmer for 10 minutes (do not boil).
- To finish add in the leaves from the thyme or the tarragon, blend the soup with a hand blender.
- This can be served with a slice of your favourite gluten free high fibre bread.
Share With Friends
All recipes developed by the Coeliac Society are nutritionally checked by our in-house team of dietitians and chefs. Please note all nutritional information is per 1 serving. Please refer to recipe overview for number of servings in recipes.