Protein Pancakes with Chocolate Bananas and Blueberries
The pancakes are light in texture yet filling. They are great for breakfast, lunch or as a high protein snack. Bananas and blueberries add fibre and vitamin C. Dark chocolate is a great source of zinc and iron but you can use less or leave it out if you like.
- 75g of gluten free porridge oats
- 1 teaspoon of gluten free baking powder
- 20g sorghum flour
- 2 medium bananas(ripe)
- 300g of low fat cottage cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of natural vanilla extract
- 50g blueberries
- 15ml olive oil
- 50g of dark chocolate melted (ensure it is gluten free variety)
- Blend all the ingredients, except blueberries and one of the bananas in a food processer or with a hand blender.
- Divide in four and pan fry on one side until golden in colour. Turnover and sprinkle on the blueberries and push into the mixture. Flip onto the blueberry side for 1 minute.
- Transfer to baking tray and bake at 160c for 7 minutes.
- Serve with sliced banana drizzled with melted dark chocolate.
Share With Friends
All recipes are created by Frances Buckley MSc.
Licenced food safety trainer. MSc in Applied Culinary Nutrition.
Currently Technical Food Advisor at Coeliac Society of Ireland.