Roasted Vegetable Gravy for Easter
- 4 carrots washed and halved lengthwise
- 1 large onion cut in 4 pieces (washed ,not peeled)
- 2 sticks of celery washed and cut in half.
- 1 leek, washed and chopped into large pieces.
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary or sage.
- 80g of red lentils
- 1lt of vegetable, beef or chicken stock(recipe for fresh stock on Christmas hub ,or make from gluten free stock cube or powder)
1. Simply place all the veg with the herbs under the joint you are roasting, cook for the
time recommended by your butcher. Make sure the veg is right under the meat so it
2. When the meat is cooked and you have taken it off the tray and covered it with foil,
to rest, squeeze out the onion flesh and discard the skin. Discard the sprigs of herbs.
3. Sprinkle on the red lentils, stirring them in through the roast veg. Scrape all this into
a large saucepan and add the hot stock. Allow to cook for 15 minutes.
4. Blend with a hand blender and pass it through a sieve, or use it as is.
5. Water can be added if it is too thick.
Share With Friends
All recipes are created by Frances Buckley MSc.
Licenced food safety trainer. MSc in Applied Culinary Nutrition.
Currently Technical Food Advisor at Coeliac Society of Ireland.