Rosti with Crushed Avocado, Beetroot and Edamame Bean Pesto
- 800g washed Maris Piper potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of chopped chives
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons plain gluten free flour
- 2 tablespoons butter for cooking
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- For pesto
- 2 large, precooked beetroot(100g)
- 120g of edamame beans(defrosted) (or an alternative bean)
- 10g of shaved parmesan cheese
- 50g of washed baby spinach leaves
- 10g of basil leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ¼ teaspoon of cracked black pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- In a food processor or blender, pulse all the pesto ingredients until smooth.
- Wash potatoes and leave the skins on. Use the large grating disk on the food processor to grate the potatoes or grate them on the large holes with a box grater.
- Put them onto a clean tea towel and over the sink, squeeze as much of the water out of the grated potatoes as you can.
- In a large bowl, add chives, salt, pepper, eggs, and gluten free flour. Combine the mixture well.
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter and olive oil over low heat in a non- stick pan. Add potato mixture and flatten to make an even layer. Cook over a moderate heat, turn once, add 1 tablespoon of butter. Cook until golden, this takes approx.7 minutes per side. Alternatively, when browned on both sides it can be put on an ovenproof dish and finished in the oven at 170°c for 15 minutes.
- Peel and roughly mash the avocado with the lemon juice, season lightly.
- Serve the Rosti with the avocado topped with the pesto.
Share With Friends
All recipes developed by the Coeliac Society are nutritionally checked by our in-house team of dietitians and chefs. Please note all nutritional information is per 1 serving. Please refer to recipe overview for number of servings in recipes.