Sable pastry for mince pies
Theis is a luxury buttery pastry ideal for mince pies or tarts Tip: with this pastry roll it while cold and it is a good idea to roll between two sheets of baking parchment or cling film.
- 200g of gluten free plain flour
- 50g of Dunnes ground almonds
- 200g Dunnes butter
- 100g of icing sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- In a large mixing bowl sieve, the flour and icing sugar
- Rub in the butter
- Add the egg yolks to form a dough.
- (If this is a little dry add a small amount of cold water)
- Wrap the dough in greaseproof paper and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours before using
- This dough can be made in advance and frozen
Share With Friends
All recipes are created by Frances Buckley MSc.
Licenced food safety trainer. MSc in Applied Culinary Nutrition.
Currently Technical Food Advisor at Coeliac Society of Ireland.