Spiced roasted sweet potato soup
- 3 tablespoons Dunnes stores pure olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 800g peeled sweet potatoes
- 1 leek, chopped and washed
- 100g of baby potatoes, washed and chopped
- 1 litre of homemade chicken or vegetable or made from a gluten- free stock cube or powder.
- 1 tablespoon gluten free Thai gold red curry paste
- 1 tin of coconut milk
1. Put the olive oil in a large bowl, put in the diced sweet potato, potatoes, and Thai curry paste, toss to coat the potatoes. Place the potatoes on a non-stick roasting tray and cook at 180◦c for 30 minutes until roasted
2. In a large enough saucepan heat a spoon of olive oil and fry the onion gently, add in the roasted potatoes.
3. Pour in the stock, bring to the boil, and simmer for 10 minutes more, add the coconut milk. Check does the soup need seasoning. Blend with a hand blender. Cool completely.
4. It will keep in the fridge for 3 days and for up to three months in the freezer
Share With Friends
All recipes are created by Frances Buckley MSc.
Licenced food safety trainer. MSc in Applied Culinary Nutrition.
Currently Technical Food Advisor at Coeliac Society of Ireland.