Sweet Potato and Lentil Pate with Carrot and Celery Crudites
Nutritious pate for fibre, magnesium, low in fat. Boosts levels of folates, fibre, and iron. It is gluten free and vegan.
- Medium onion finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced (240g)
- Pinch of dried thyme
- 500ml of low salt stock (I use Marigold)
- 140g of red lentils.
- 1 and half teaspoons of smoked paprika
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- To serve with the pate;
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut in batons(sticks)
- 4 sticks of celery washed and cut in batons.
- 4 slices of gluten free pitta bread
- ¼ tsp Sea salt
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook slowly until soft and golden.
- Tip in the paprika and cook for a further 2 minutes, then add the sweet potato, lentils, thyme, and stock.
- Bring to a simmer, then cook for 20 minutes or until the potato and lentils are tender.
- Add seasoning. Roughly mash the mix, for a smoother pate and blend with a hand blender. Chill for 1 hr, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Dust with extra paprika and sprinkle with fresh thyme sprigs.
- Serve with vegetable sticks and toasted gluten free pitta bread.
Share With Friends
All recipes developed by the Coeliac Society are nutritionally checked by our in-house team of dietitians and chefs. Please note all nutritional information is per 1 serving. Please refer to recipe overview for number of servings in recipes.