Vegan and gluten-free mushroom pâté recipe
- 20g dried porcini mushrooms
- ½ tbsp olive oil.
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 175g fresh wild mushrooms, chopped
- 175g fresh chestnut mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme, plus extra sprigs to garnish
1. Soak the porcini mushrooms in 150ml boiling water for 30 mins to rehydrate them. Drain, reserving the liquid, and finely chop.
2. Fry the shallots in the oil over a medium heat for 5 mins until softened, then add the garlic and fry for 1 min more. Add the chopped fresh mushrooms and thyme, and simmer for about 10 mins until the liquid has reduced and the mushrooms have started to brown a little.
3. Add the chopped porcini mushrooms and the port to the pan, then allow to bubble until the port has cooked off. Strain the reserved porcini mushroom liquid, to remove any grit, and add to the pan. Allow the mixture to bubble until almost all of the liquid has cooked off. Season well and leave to cool completely.
4. Use a hand blender or food processor to make the pate into a rough paste and transfer to a bowl or jar to serve. Garnish with a few sprigs of thyme and serve the pâté with gluten-free crackers or toasted bread. It will keep in a sealed jar in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Share With Friends
All recipes developed by the Coeliac Society are nutritionally checked by our in-house team of dietitians and chefs. Please note all nutritional information is per 1 serving. Please refer to recipe overview for number of servings in recipes.