Yellow Pepper, Rocket, Almond and Baby Potato Salad
Boost levels of fibre, protein, iron, magnesium, Vitamin E
- 400g of boiled baby charlotte potatoes
- 150g of cooked broccoli
- 100g of gluten free red pesto
- 10g of rocket leaves
- 2 plums or nectarines (halved and stone removed)
- 40g of nibbed or flaked almonds
- 1 clove of garlic (finely minced)
- Pinch of dried oregano
- 50g of grated mature cheddar
- 2 yellow bell peppers (seeded and halved)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ¼ tsp. cracked black pepper
- Boil the baby potatoes in boiling water for 10/15 minutes (depending on size) until soft. Strain and allow to cool
- Brush the pepper with olive oil and garlic and grill under a low heat or bake in the oven until it is soft and the skin has charred, allow to cool.
- Cook the broccoli in boiling water for 3 minutes and immediately cool under cold water, drain well.
- Toast the almonds in oven until lightly browned, allow to cool.
- Mix the potatoes , broccoli, pesto ,oregano, basil and cheese.
- Pile onto serving plate, cut the pepper into strips and arrange on top. Slice the plums or nectarines and arrange them on top with rocket and toasted almonds.
Share With Friends
All recipes are created by Frances Buckley MSc.
Licenced food safety trainer. MSc in Applied Culinary Nutrition.
Currently Technical Food Advisor at Coeliac Society of Ireland.